WASHINGTON, D.C. (WKRG) – A pair of killed Bay St. Louis officers were honored by Mississippi’s Congressional Delegation on Friday, Jan. 27.

Bay St. Louis Police Sgt. Steven Robin and officer Branden Estorffe were killed early Dec. 14 while responding to a call for a welfare check at a Motel 6.

House Resolution 63, introduced by Rep. Mike Exell (R- Pascagoula) and cosponsored by the state’s other three representatives reads:

Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe passed away in the 

        line of duty on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, in Bay St. Louis, 


Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin served Mississippi with the Bay St. Louis Police 

        Department, Hancock County Sheriff’s Department, and the Waveland Police 


Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin is survived by his wife, Amy Bush Robin, his 

        parents, Michael and Julie Robin, his son, Brandon Boudreaux, his two 

        special girls who Steven considered daughters, Tessa Delsied and 

        Emmaleigh Melton, his granddaughter, Rosie Labelle, his two brothers, 

        Brian and Glenn Robin, his father-in-law, Lester Bush, his mother-in-

        law, Mary Bush, his brother-in-law, Brad Bush, his sister-in-law, 

        Stephanie Bush, and his two godchildren, Braeleigh and Addilyn Delsied;

Whereas Officer Branden Estorffe served Mississippi with the Bay St. Louis 

        Police Department and the Mississippi Military Department Gulfport 

        Combat Readiness Training Center;

Whereas Officer Branden Estorffe is survived by his parents, Ian and Heather 

        Estorffe and Jennifer Gilkerson, his siblings, Lilly and Sophia 

        Estorffe, Jordana and Chloe Gilkerson, and Andrew Porter, his 

        grandparents, Rex and Lynda Estorffe and Tommy and Sheila Burkett, and 

        his aunts and uncles, Lauren and Greg Walters, Jennifer and Jason Polk, 

        and Chad Goodfellow;

Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe received numerous 

        accolades in recognition of their dedication and expertise;

Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin received Overall Top Academic Honors with the 

        Hancock County Law Enforcement Training Academy and took on supervisory 

        roles at the Waveland and Bay St. Louis Police Departments, including 

        Field Training Officer and Sergeant with both departments, and his 

        passion for the job propelled him into a leadership role on shift with 

        his fellow officers;

Whereas Officer Branden Estorffe was recognized for Top Academics with the 

        Combat Readiness Training Center, earning the Firearms Award with the 

        Harrison County Law Enforcement Training Academy, and maintaining high 

        firearms standards with the National Rifle Association and the Hancock 

        County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team, and was known to be 

        proactive on duty and always ready to back up his fellow officers; and

Whereas Sergeant Steven Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe will be remembered as 

        heroes who protected their community and loved their families and 

        friends: Now, therefore, be it

    Resolved, That the House of Representatives–

            (1) expresses deep condolences to the families and 

        colleagues of the Mississippi police officers, Sergeant Steven 

        Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe, who made the ultimate 

        sacrifice in the line of duty and whose sacrifice will not be 


            (2) recognizes all of the countless selfless and heroic 

        actions carried out by local law enforcement officers;

            (3) expresses strong support for law enforcement officers 

        in Mississippi and across the United States who serve and 

        protect their communities; and

            (4) acknowledges the importance of honoring and remembering 

        fallen local law enforcement officers killed in the line of 


Public Safety Commissioner Sean Tindell said Amy Anderson, a 43-year-old Ocean Springs veterinarian, had checked into a motel in Bay St. Louis before dawn with her 8-year-old daughter and then asked the motel manager to call police.

Tindell said she likely had an untreated mental health disorder and believed someone was following her in a white pickup truck and was threatening her life.

After the officers decided to call state Child Protection Services, Anderson and the daughter began loading Anderson’s Toyota Highlander to leave the motel. Tindell said body camera footage shows that Robin was still interacting with Anderson when she shot Robin once in the head from the driver’s seat of the SUV at 4:19 a.m.

Investigators say 43-year-old Amy Anderson shot at the officers after they tried talking to her in the parking lot for half an hour before calling Child Protection Services about Anderson’s eight-year-old daughter locked in the car with her.

Estorffe approached, exchanging shots with Anderson that ultimately killed both the second officer and the woman. Anderson died from a gunshot wound to the chest. Tindell said an autopsy and other forensic testing showed the round that killed her came from Estorffe’s gun. That contradicts the initial statement from state investigators on Wednesday that they believed Anderson had shot and killed herself.

Robin died in the parking lot. Estorffe died a short time later at a hospital.

The girl wasn’t injured in the shooting.The two officers were buried in a joint funeral in Bay St. Louis.