GAUTIER, Miss. (WKRG) — Starting this morning, Mississippi begins selling lottery tickets. The first sales of scratch-off tickets start at 5 this morning. Also starting today, Alabama is surrounded on all sides by states that sell lottery tickets and remains one of the last states in the nation without a lottery.
According to the Associated Press:
Nearly 1,200 convenience stores and other sites have been approved as retailers.AP Copy
For the first two months, the only scratch-off tickets sold will be for single-state games.
The multistate games Powerball and Mega Millions will be available in Mississippi starting Jan. 30.
Mississippi has been one of six states without a lottery, but lawmakers met in 2018 and authorized the games of chance. The first $80 million a year will go to highways, and revenue after that will go to education.”
For more information on where ticket sellers are located click here.
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur
- New Orleans Police: 2 officers ‘ambushed’ in French Quarter
- Birmingham bar owner to close business on election day, staff to serve as poll workers
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor