GREENE COUNTY, Miss. (WKRG) – A convicted killer who escaped a south Mississippi prison in 2018 sentenced to life Wednesday.
Michael “Pretty Boy Floyd” Wilson, an inmate sentenced to life in prison for murder, escaped the South Mississippi Correctional Facility on July 5, 2018. He was able to elude police for days by getting rides from strangers. He was eventually captured in St. Martin on July 7, 2018.
Judge Kathy King Jackson sentenced Wilson to life without parole. This sentence will be served consecutively with his previous life sentence.
District Attorney Angel Myers Mcllrath applauded the verdict and released the quote below:
“I commend the hard work and dedication of the law enforcement agencies who worked diligently to search for, and ultimately apprehend, this defendant after his escape. I am proud of the verdict and sentence handed down today.”
- VIDEO: Target store looted during George Floyd protests
- ‘He needed a different fit’: YouTuber, husband place adopted 4-year-old son with autism with ‘new mommy’
- More than 27,000 Alabamians filed unemployment between May 17-May 23
- Man who allegedly broke into bank says he did it for a ‘Hot Pocket’
- NOISE ALERT: Eglin AFB conducting flight training May 28 & 29