ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Sweet potato could become Alabama’s official state vegetable
- UPDATE: Missing child alert canceled for one-year-old Florida girl
- Weather Alert: Isolated Severe Storms and Flash Flooding Possible This Morning
- I-10 reopens following fatal crash in Pensacola
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge