TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – An Indiana man has been sentenced to four years and 10 months in federal prison for threatening his ex-wife over several years and mailing a dead rat to her Florida home.
Court records show 57-year-old Romney Christopher Ellis was sentenced Tuesday in Tampa federal court. He pleaded guilty in April to making interstate threats and mailing injurious articles. According to a criminal complaint, Ellis had engaged in a four-year-long campaign of harassment against his ex-wife. On one occasion, Ellis mailed a package to the victim’s home containing a dead rat and black rose. Postal inspectors executed a search warrant at Ellis’s Indianapolis home in February.
(Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration