MONROE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — A man and a woman from Louisiana wanted for allegedly taking a newborn baby with a life-threatening condition from a hospital were taken into custody in Monroe County Alabama. According to a post from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, the baby was taken to Monroe County Hospital. The parents, Shaun Levy, 39, and Brittany Parrie, 28 are in custody.
Levy was considered armed and dangerous. A news release from the Louisiana State Police says the baby is in stable condition and charges are pending for the couple. Louisiana authorities say the couple took the baby, who was in need of further treatment, at around 4 Saturday morning. A missing/endangered child alert was issued at that time. Monroe County Hospital is more than 400 miles from Sabine Parish.
Monroe County Sheriff Tom Boatwright said their vehicle was spotted at a Monroeville motel Saturday. The sheriff’s office assisted in taking them into custody.
- FHP: 65-year-old man dies after being struck by SUV on Davis Highway
- Salon trucks bill on its way to Alabama Senate
- Residents hope to stop landfill expansion in Axis
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- VIDEO: Fight breaks out during Vigor-Anniston semi-final basketball game