MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) – Proposals to start a state lottery _ or to allow the Poarch Band of Creek Indians to have casino games _ have been filed in the Alabama Legislature, but it is unclear when the bills will get a vote. Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has asked lawmakers to hold off on gambling debates as she awaits a report from a fact-finding task force she created. Legislative leaders have signaled a willingness to wait at least temporarily.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Mobile ranks high for focus on single family homes
- Tree crushes man’s two cars in Semmes
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Ferry service proposed as alternative to congested Garcon Point Bridge