VERNON, Ala. (AP) – All Lamar County Schools in Alabama will be closed for the rest of the week to prevent the further spread of the flu.
The school district made the announcement Tuesday shortly after noon, WTVA-TV reported.
Students will return on Monday, Feb. 3.
School Superintendent Vance Herron said 400 students at South Lamar School did not attend school Tuesday.
The school has approximately 700 students.
Twenty-two percent of students countywide missed class Tuesday.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- OCSO: Man charged with trafficking more than 450 grams of meth
- One Year Later: Aniah Blanchard’s heart lives through family’s mission
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- Five additional trees to be removed from Bienville Square after Hurricane Sally
- Scattered storms for Saturday, Watching the tropics for next week