VERNON, Ala. (AP) – All Lamar County Schools in Alabama will be closed for the rest of the week to prevent the further spread of the flu.
The school district made the announcement Tuesday shortly after noon, WTVA-TV reported.
Students will return on Monday, Feb. 3.
School Superintendent Vance Herron said 400 students at South Lamar School did not attend school Tuesday.
The school has approximately 700 students.
Twenty-two percent of students countywide missed class Tuesday.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- News 5 Investigates: South Alabama professors on leave over “racially insensitive” photos
- WATCH: Alabama men’s basketball get ready for regular-season finale vs Georgia
- White House COVID-19 team to brief public as states ease restrictions
- WATCH: Alabama Health Officer to give a COVID-19 vaccine update Friday
- Is the wall holding up this bridge leaning? State says it’s just an ‘illusion’