MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Former State Fire Marshal Richard Montgomery died at his home Saturday. He was 79.
Montgomery began his service with the Alabama Fire Marshal’s Office in 1983 as a Deputy State Fire Marshal. He was promoted to Assistant State Fire Marshal in 2000 and served as State Fire Marshal from 2004-2006, when he retired from public service.
Montgomery previously served as an investigator for the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office and as a volunteer and career firefighter. He graduated from Howard College, which would later be renamed Samford University in 1962.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday in Moulton.
- North Mobile County License Commission, Revenue Commission offices to be closed due to power outages
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- No substantial erosion reported yet at Baldwin beaches following Hurricane Zeta