STUART, Fla. — A Florida man fatally shot his pregnant wife after he thought he heard an intruder outside his bedroom door, according to WPBF.
The shooting happened just around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in Stuart.
Martin County Sheriff William Snyder said the man called 911, telling dispatchers he accidentally shot his wife.
She was taken to a hospital where she died. The woman was six months pregnant, and doctors were able to save the baby, according to WPBF.
A 2-year-old child also in the home was not injured.
The sheriff says the man gave detectives a detailed account of what happened.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- CVS Health raising minimum wage for employees
- Masks required: Archdiocese of Mobile updates masks policy for schools
- Belarus runner used quick thinking to avoid being sent home
- Native Hawaiians ‘reclaim’ surfing with Moore’s Olympic gold
- Reward for information in 18-year-old’s murder increases, family asks for answers