JACKSON, Miss. (WKRG) — The FBI Jackson Field Office is leading the investigation into an assault on a federal law enforcement officer in Gautier, Miss.
On Tuesday morning, local, state and federal law enforcement were executing a state arrest warrant for kidnapping at an extended stay hotel in Gautier when shots were fired. A United States Marshal’s Service Task Force Officer was injured during the operation. His injuries appear to be non-life-threatening.
Joseph Dale Sonnier, 31, of Hancock County was taken into custody on state kidnapping charges. Federal charges are pending. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting and processing the scene. The FBI is investigating the assault on a federal law enforcement officer.
Because of the ongoing investigation, no additional information will be released at this time.
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class-action lawsuit
- Severe Weather Preparedness: Stock up on these tax-free items this weekend in Alabama