WAGARVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) — A father and son are dead after shooting each other in a bizarre tragedy in Washington County. It happened Saturday night shortly before 6 pm in Wagarville in the 100 block of Sam Hill Road.
Chief Investigator Blake Richardson tells News 5 32-year-old Kelvin Nicholas Coker and his father 60-year-old Kelvin James Coker got into an argument Saturday evening. It ended with the father and son fatally shooting each other.
Both died of a single gunshot wound at the scene from the other’s firearm. Richardson said in his 16 years in law enforcement he’s never seen a case like this, adding that it’s sad to see a family lose a father and son to senseless violence right before Christmas.
- Nebraska governor touts launch of state’s ‘Beef Passport’ program
- Boy Buys 2K Worth Of Popsicles on Mom’s Amazon account
- Wanted: Professional nappers for a gig paying $1,500
- Family offers vintage Corvette, $10,000 as reward for answers in cold case murder
- A Turtle’s Journey: Nesting season results from 2020 are in for Alabama