FLORIDA (CNN) — For the first time in four years an extremely rare blue bee has been spotted in Florida. The rare bee is called the Blue Calamintha bee.
It’s only been previously found in four areas of the habitat at central Florida’s Lake Wales Ridge. In which scientists are calling this discovery a breakthrough.
Scientists are hoping to study the blue bee which has been classified by Florida’s State Wildlife Action Plan as a species of greatest conservation need.
A two year project is in the works to determine the Blue Calamintha’s population, nesting, and feeding habits.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website