EAST BREWTON, Ala. (WKRG) — The East Brewton Police Department needs your help finding a scam artist team.
Chief Kenneth Brazile released four photos of the suspects and their vehicle. The chief says the man in the blue cap and the man with the long hair would work together to “quick-change or change raise” young clerks in the city.
It is a crime where the criminal asks the clerk for change, while they are busying making the change the criminal gives the clerk more cash and asks for change again, usually in different dollar amounts. This confuses the cashier, and they end up giving out too much money costing the store hundreds in cash. The chief said the team hit two businesses within a couple of hours — a gas station and a Dollar General. The crimes happened June 6.
If you know anything about these crimes, please call East Brewton Police at 251-867-4865.
- Baldwin County Commission says roadside debris cleanup efforts could take between 60 to 90 days
- Two moms helping displaced residents in Baldwin County
- Crystal Clear Skies Tonight, Comfortable Weather Pattern Continues
- Gov. Ivey issues apology to 16th Street Baptist Church bombing survivor
- Mobile Public Library locations reopening for ‘In and Out’ services