NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard medevaced a man with a gunshot wound near Lake Borgne, Louisiana, Friday.
The Coast Guard watchstanders in News Orleans say they received a report at 9:55 a.m. of a man who was accidentally shot in his lower back while duck hunting 10 miles northeast of Hopedale.
An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans medevaced the man and transported him to University Medical Center in New Orleans in stable condition.
- 40-percent of Democrats undecided in congressional race
- EMS employee arrested, accused of breaking into Grove Hill home while woman slept
- Pensacola Beach toll booth no longer accepting cash starting this spring
- Tuberville campaign says poll shows him leading Republican Senate race
- 5 Things To Do This Weekend: February 21-23