WAVELAND, Miss. (WKRG) — A mother says her 12-year-old daughter was given a black doll with beads around its neck during a Mardi Gras parade in Waveland.
Waveland Mayor Mike Smith said on Facebook “that is the most horrible and disgusting act that anyone could do. This person or persons does not represent the wonderful people of our city or county.”
He adds the city is working to find out the person and float responsible for this doll. As of now no arrests have been made. We’ve reached out to Waveland Police and are waiting for a response on this investigation.
- Continuing to quarantine out of abundance of caution, Fairhope City Council pres. tests positive for COVID-19
- Crestview planning two day event to observe end of WWII
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- French aerospace firm expanding operations in northern Mexico
- Complaint filed after border agents expel 2-day-old US citizen, lawyers say