WAVELAND, Miss. (WKRG) — A mother says her 12-year-old daughter was given a black doll with beads around its neck during a Mardi Gras parade in Waveland.
Waveland Mayor Mike Smith said on Facebook “that is the most horrible and disgusting act that anyone could do. This person or persons does not represent the wonderful people of our city or county.”
He adds the city is working to find out the person and float responsible for this doll. As of now no arrests have been made. We’ve reached out to Waveland Police and are waiting for a response on this investigation.
- Event planned to honor murder victim in Mobile Saturday
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Woman killed in Friday night crash in Escambia County, Florida
- Motorcycle memorial must go, Texas family fights HOA after loved-one’s death