WAVELAND, Miss. (WKRG) — A mother says her 12-year-old daughter was given a black doll with beads around its neck during a Mardi Gras parade in Waveland.
Waveland Mayor Mike Smith said on Facebook “that is the most horrible and disgusting act that anyone could do. This person or persons does not represent the wonderful people of our city or county.”
He adds the city is working to find out the person and float responsible for this doll. As of now no arrests have been made. We’ve reached out to Waveland Police and are waiting for a response on this investigation.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies