(WKRG) — Carnival Cruise Line has updated its dress policy to ban any items of clothing that could be considered offensive.
The policy states: “All guests are expected to ensure their clothing and accessories are respectful to fellow guests. Specifically, items worn during the cruise should not contain any message that may be considered offensive or contain nudity, profanity, sexual innuendo/suggestions. In addition, clothing/accessories should not promote negative ethnic or racial, commentary, or hatred or violence in any form.”
Here’s more from Carnival’s website on what clothing is recommended for cruises:
While your destination, cruise plans and personal style will dictate which outfits you bring, there are a number of must-pack items we recommend every cruiser consider when preparing for their cruise vacation.What to Wear – Daytime Attire
Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest the following:
- Shorts and capris
- Tee shirts, polo shirts, blouses and tops (short sleeved or sleeveless)
- Khakis and jeans
- Summer dresses
- Light-weight sweater or jacket
- Work-out gear
- Bathing suits and cover up
- For cooler weather, clothing that can be layered, scarves and gloves. If visiting religious sites in Europe, ladies must cover their knees and shoulders
- Hat or visor
- Comfortable shoes, sneakers, sandals and flip-flops. We suggest rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes. Select activities/shore excursions may require closed-toe shoes. The use of any footwear with wheels is prohibited on board our ships
- The Lido Restaurant is open daily for breakfast and lunch and has a more relaxed dress code than the main dining room(s); however, shirts, bathing suit cover ups and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times
What to Wear – Evening Attire
Following is the dress code in the main dining room(s) for both men, women and children:
“Cruise Casual” Dress Code
- Men: sports slacks, khakis, jeans, long dress shorts and collared polo shirts
- Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, jeans blouses and tops
- Not permitted: cut-off jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire
Be sure to bring a red or blue outfit or a top for our Mega Deck Party.
“Cruise Elegant” Dress Code (formal evenings)
- 2-day to 5-day cruise: one “Cruise Elegant” evening
- 6-day or longer cruise: two “Cruise Elegant” evenings
The first “Cruise Elegant” evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second “Cruise Elegant” evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.
- Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
- Women: cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
Not permitted: jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire
The Steakhouse: The dress requirements for the Steakhouse follows the dress code specified for the main dining room(s); if the evening is specified as “Cruise Casual,” shorts are not permitted.
All guests are expected to ensure their clothing and accessories are respectful to fellow guests. Specifically, items worn during the cruise should not contain any message that may be considered offensive or contain nudity, profanity, sexual innuendo/suggestions. In addition, clothing/accessories should not promote negative ethnic or racial, commentary, or hatred or violence in any form.
Holidays/Events, Carnival Journeys
Carnival knows how to celebrate! Feel free to bring a special outfit for our December “Ugly Sweater Contest,” “Frightfully Fun” Halloween cruises or to show your team spirit when there are big sporting events.
Carnival Journeys cruises feature Throwback Sea Day, in which we go back in time to relive the ‘80s so dig out those outrageous outfits! On cruises six days and longer, you can channel the ‘80s vibe in our ‘80s Rock-N-Glow Deck Party.
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- Poll shows more Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over current governor
- Vigil planned for young man killed in shooting on Old Shell Road