ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — An ordinance to ban balloon releases was introduced at the Atlantic Beach commission meeting Monday.
If passed, police could fine you $250 for each violation. The bill says the items are harmful to the environment and wildlife.
Action News Jax spoke to the founder of Beaches Go Green, who says they find balloons often during beach clean-ups.
“When you release balloons or lanterns they become litter,” Ann Marie Moquin, Beaches Go Green founder said.
The Atlantic Beach mayor says enforcement is a concern because they can’t watch out for violations 24-7.
- USA Board of Trustees appoints Dr. John Smith as acting president effective July 1
- House struck by lightning in North Baldwin County
- MPD: Man threatens to blow up I-65 Walmart, demands money
- VIDEO: Thousands of bikers buck COVID restrictions for motorcycle Mass at monastery
- Alabama, Mississippi ranked last in COVID-19 vaccine distribution, Florida not far behind