MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Bassmaster Magazine released annual rankings of the country’s best bass fisheries as well as the best of the decade.
Bassmaster Magazine’s 100 Best Bass Lakes of the Decade
- Clear Lake, California
- Lake Guntersville, Alabama
- Lake Erie, New York/Ohio/Pennsylvania/Michigan
- Lake St. Clair, Michigan
- Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta, California
- Toledo Bend, Louisiana/Texas
- Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Texas
- Falcon Lake, Texas
- Lake Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Lake Okeechobee, Florida
Data gathered over the past eight years revealed a surprising Best Bass Lake of the Decade — California’s Clear Lake.
Alabama’s Lake Guntersville ranked No. 2. Bassmaster says Guntersville is known for its breathtaking scenery and easy access, but big fish swim there as well. Most big-bass prizes are awarded to fish topping the 8-pound mark, with 10-plus-pounders taking center stage on occasion.
Lake Okeechobee came in a at No. 10. Florida’s had six fisheries on the Top 100 list — Okeechobee, Seminole, Rodman Reservoir, Tohopekaliga, Istokpoga and the St. Johns River — making a three-way tie for second place with California and Texas.
Michigan has the most fisheries in the all-decade rankings with seven lakes.
“Typically, creating the rankings takes more than two months as we dig through current tournament data as well as state fishery information on stocking efforts, catch rates and angler access. Instead, we used all of this research and rankings from the past eight years to create an incredible — and somewhat surprising — ranking of bucket-list destinations for anglers.”Bassmaster Magazine Editor-in-Chief James Hall
- Source: Daphne Five Guys employees refuse to serve police
- A look back at USA President Tony Waldrop’s athletic career
- Warmer temperatures ahead with fewer showers and storms
- Summer is in full bloom here
- Caught on camera: Fawn pulled from well