HAMILTON, Ala. (WKRG) — The Alabama Department of Corrections confirmed that 38 year-old Brandon Powell has been recaptured.
Powell was convicted on August 19, 2019 for Burglary and was sentenced for 20 years. Powell escaped from Hamilton on April 1, 2020. Powell made it as far as Lakeland, Florida before surrendering himself to authorities on Sunday, April 19, 2020.
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- Details remain murky a year after FBI employee’s death
- Trump, Biden in Tampa Thursday for dueling rallies
- Governor Reeves to tour Hurricane Zeta damage, hold press conference
- One storm-related fatality confirmed in unincorporated area of Clarke County