TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue responded to a call of construction workers falling after a structure collapsed at a site Thursday morning.
According to TFRS, the accident happened just after 9 a.m. at 811 12th Street.
Five construction workers were working on the ground level when the collapse occurred into the three-story basement area. Authorities say the workers fell “20-25 feet.”
None of the workers were trapped underneath the debris following the collapse. The workers involved were rescued and taken to a local hospital for further evaluation and treatment. No injuries were reported.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- EXCLUSIVE: Greyhound CEO tells head of DHS migrant passengers must have proof they are COVID-free
- Teen saves friend’s life one day after earning CPR certification
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Pensacola man who shot intruder inside his home tells his story