A Georgia State Patrol cheating scandal has led to the termination of as many as 30 troopers, News 3 has learned.
The Department of Public Safety says troopers in the 106th trooper school cheated in an online test for speed detection.
Officials say on Oct. 8, 2019, everyone in the class cheated on an online speed detector operating exam. On Oct. 15, an investigation was launched into the allegation.
Interviews were conducted with those involved. The investigation uncovered the specifics of how cadets assisted each other on the online exams.
It was determined the actions were a violation of the cadets’ code of conduct. The investigation concluded Wednesday morning with the termination of the troopers.
- Babysitter accidentally shot 10-year-old boy while taking selfies with gun, police say
- College athlete compensation passes final Senate committee
- FDA issues warning to Jimmy John’s over safety violations
- Coronavirus: What Alabama health officials want you to know
- Classmates, neighbors in mourning after bullied 12-year-old NC girl commits suicide