MIAMI (AP) — A person familiar with the negotiations says Tua Tagovailoa has signed a $30.275 million, four-year guaranteed contract with the Miami Dolphins. The person says the contract includes a $19.6 million signing bonus. The person confirmed the deal to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Dolphins haven’t announced it. Last month the Dolphins selected Tagovailoa with the fifth overall pick in the draft. They’re optimistic he’ll fully recover from a hip injury that ended his Alabama career in mid-November and hoping he’ll become a franchise quarterback. Tagovailoa says doctors have indicated he’s on schedule for a return in 2020.
- ECSO: Man charged with 19 counts of child pornography after K-9 sniffs out hidden laptop
- Mystery mass logout has Facebook users wondering why
- Jake Peavy, Mobile native and MLB All-Star celebrates life and legacy of Hank Aaron
- ASMS closing campus after first COVID-19 positive case
- Health and community leaders work to ease fears about vaccine in NW Florida