TOKYO (AP) – Tokyo Olympic organizers are leaning away from starting the rescheduled games in the spring of 2021. More and more the signs point toward the summer of 2021. Organizing committee President Yoshiro Mori suggested to local television there may be no major change from 2020. The postponed games were to have opened on July 24 and closed on Aug. 9. Mori has said some decisions could be made as early as this week when the organizing committee’s executive board meets. Any final decision will be made by local organizers and the IOC, and hundreds of sponsors, sports federations and broadcasters.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Pinson Valley beats Spanish Fort 23-13 to win 6A State Championship
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- OCSO: Person shot on Racetrack Road near Beal Parkway
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Mobile County Sheriff’s Christmas tree ‘thugshots’ rub some the wrong way