Alabama coach Nick Saban acknowledged there were discussions about the possibility of moving the national championship game back because of COVID-19 issues.
The Associated Press and others have reported that Ohio State had spoken with CFP officials about possible player availability problems that could force the game to be delayed from its scheduled Monday night story at Hard Rock Stadium in suburban Miami.
Saban said Thursday, “There were discussions as to whether it was fair to continue or to move the game back and all that.” The game is currently scheduled to be played on Monday.
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Auto repair shops seeing a spike in catalytic converter thefts
- Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office looking for info on 3 unsolved homicides
- Suspect in shooting leaving 5-year-old boy in critical condition’s record shows long violent history
- Warmer weather means more motorcycles on the road; DMV recommends drivers be on the lookout