Alabama coach Nick Saban acknowledged there were discussions about the possibility of moving the national championship game back because of COVID-19 issues.
The Associated Press and others have reported that Ohio State had spoken with CFP officials about possible player availability problems that could force the game to be delayed from its scheduled Monday night story at Hard Rock Stadium in suburban Miami.
Saban said Thursday, “There were discussions as to whether it was fair to continue or to move the game back and all that.” The game is currently scheduled to be played on Monday.
- Countless makeshift ladders encountered during daily border-wall sweeps, agents say
- ‘Bike Pensacola’ relieved to see changes coming to Pace Boulevard
- FWC officer, friends save turtle off Florida Keys
- Child tax credits: IRS unveils tool to check eligibility, manage monthly payments
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus announces cancer diagnosis: ‘It sucks and I’m scared’