TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama head coach Nick Saban is “doing fine” after he tested positive for the coronavirus Wednesday afternoon.
Saban was diagnosed with the virus along with Athletic Director Greg Byrne.
The head coach was evaluated Thursday by the team’s physician. Saban is said to still be asymptomatic and is continuing to self-isolate. He will be reevaluated daily.
Saban says he is still going to work ahead of Saturday’s game against the No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) with Offensive Coordinator Steve Sarkisian handling operations at the Crimson Tide’s facility.
No. 2 Alabama (3-0) takes on the Bulldogs at 7 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Fire reported at peanut plant north of Atmore
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Ohio police suspend officer caught on video dragging teen
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms