For years sports teams have been criticized for using ethnic stereotypes or slurs in their names. The Washington Redskins last week announced it is considering changing its team name to something less offensive, but will the Redskins be the first team to change an offensive name?
BookMaker.eu has released odds on which team or event will be the first to change its name.
Which sports team or event to change their name first?
Washington Redskins – 2/1
Cleveland Indians – 4/1
Kansas City Chiefs – 6/1
Atlanta Braves – 9/1
Chicago Blackhawks – 12/1
Florida State Seminoles – 12/1
Utah Utes – 12/1
- Former NYT columnist Bari Weiss releases ‘Twitter Files Part Two’
- Williamson High School Alumni demand answers for a new stadium
- Two former local high school standouts & former USA quarterback latest additions to North Alabama’s coaching staff
- Major animal poaching ring busted by CA Fish and Wildlife
- Private school defends dean after Project Veritas claims sex toys shown in class discussion