For years sports teams have been criticized for using ethnic stereotypes or slurs in their names. The Washington Redskins last week announced it is considering changing its team name to something less offensive, but will the Redskins be the first team to change an offensive name?
BookMaker.eu has released odds on which team or event will be the first to change its name.
Which sports team or event to change their name first?
Washington Redskins – 2/1
Cleveland Indians – 4/1
Kansas City Chiefs – 6/1
Atlanta Braves – 9/1
Chicago Blackhawks – 12/1
Florida State Seminoles – 12/1
Utah Utes – 12/1
- 10-year-old boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Shoppers in Mobile line up for Black Friday deals despite COVID-19 changes
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more
- Two Citronelle city employees facing HR investigation
- Here’s how drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter