For years sports teams have been criticized for using ethnic stereotypes or slurs in their names. The Washington Redskins last week announced it is considering changing its team name to something less offensive, but will the Redskins be the first team to change an offensive name?
BookMaker.eu has released odds on which team or event will be the first to change its name.
Which sports team or event to change their name first?
Washington Redskins – 2/1
Cleveland Indians – 4/1
Kansas City Chiefs – 6/1
Atlanta Braves – 9/1
Chicago Blackhawks – 12/1
Florida State Seminoles – 12/1
Utah Utes – 12/1
- Pensacola couple adjusting to ‘new reality’ after teacher layoffs in Santa Rosa County
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Tijuana to spend $30 million on new streetlight system
- Free coronavirus tests an instant hit with border commuters