For years sports teams have been criticized for using ethnic stereotypes or slurs in their names. The Washington Redskins last week announced it is considering changing its team name to something less offensive, but will the Redskins be the first team to change an offensive name?
BookMaker.eu has released odds on which team or event will be the first to change its name.
Which sports team or event to change their name first?
Washington Redskins – 2/1
Cleveland Indians – 4/1
Kansas City Chiefs – 6/1
Atlanta Braves – 9/1
Chicago Blackhawks – 12/1
Florida State Seminoles – 12/1
Utah Utes – 12/1
- Fla. governor declares state of emergency after Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms shooting at Linx apartments Tuesday night
- Deputies say Florida woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Lightning strike blows out wall in Fort Walton Beach home
- OCSO reminding residents, visitors to NOT drink and boat