MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – According to multiple reports, former Murphy Panther Neil Farrell is opting out of the 2020 college football season.
Farrell plays for LSU, and told AL.com’s Ben Thomas he plans to redshirt this year and return to the Tigers in 2021.
Farrell made 46 total tackles and had three sacks on last year’s National Championship team.
The defensive lineman told The Athletic that he’s “focusing on my family right now.”
MORE LOCAL SPORTS
- REPORT: Former Daphne star enters transfer portal
- Hurricane Sally postpones high school football games in Pensacola area
- Saraland vs. Blount moved to Thursday at Ladd
- Former Spanish Fort QB Tyler Johnston out indefinitely
- LSU’s Orgeron: Farrell is back, Shelvin maybe, Jenkins left