MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – According to multiple reports, former Murphy Panther Neil Farrell is opting out of the 2020 college football season.
Farrell plays for LSU, and told AL.com’s Ben Thomas he plans to redshirt this year and return to the Tigers in 2021.
Farrell made 46 total tackles and had three sacks on last year’s National Championship team.
The defensive lineman told The Athletic that he’s “focusing on my family right now.”
MORE LOCAL SPORTS
- Auburn basketball will forgo postseason play in 2020-21
- Saraland vs. Spanish Fort, Faith vs. St. Paul’s headline semifinal matchups
- Darius Philon prepares for Thanksgiving turkey giveaway
- Former Blount star Kadarius Toney coming to 2021 Senior Bowl
- Nascar Champion Chase Elliott to race in upcoming Snowball Derby