MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – DeMarcus Cousins will reportedly sit out the NBA restart next month as he continues to rehab from an ACL injury.
According to The Athletic, multiple teams had interest in signing Cousins, but he prefers to focus on his rehab and be ready for the 2020-2021 season.
Cousins has dealt with injury issues the past few seasons. The big man tore his Achilles tendon in 2018 with the New Orleans Pelicans and suffered a quad injury with the Golden State Warriors the following year.
Cousins signed a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers last summer, but suffered an ACL injury before the season started.
NBA teams can sign free agents from June 23-30 as the league plans to restart the season in Orlando in July.
- Former Fairhope, Duke QB Riley Leonard enters transfer portal
- Colombian judge orders prison for 2 suspects in the kidnapping of parents of Liverpool soccer player
- Heroes Plaza breaks ground in downtown Mobile
- Pro Picks: Cowboys will keep rolling but the Seahawks will avoid a rout
- NASCAR reaches $7.7B deal with streaming platforms, major networks