MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The 74th annual Senior Bowl game took place Saturday afternoon at Hancock Whitney Stadium. The National team beat the American team 27-10.
The week featured a dozen Alabama, Auburn, South Alabama and Troy players. Maryland’s Jakorian Bennett, a McGill-Toolen alum, also played in the game.
South Alabama and Spanish Fort graduate Jalen Wayne led the American team with 59 receiving yards on eight catches. Bennett intercepted a ball in the final minute of the game for the National team, part of his four total tackle day. South Alabama’s Darrell Luter Jr. added four total tackles and a pass break up for the American team. Alabama’s Cameron Latu hauled in three receptions for 30 yards.
Auburn’s Derick Hall, Alabama’s Emil Ekiyor Jr and Troy’s Carlton Martial did not play in the game.
Fresno State’s Jake Haener won MVP throwing for 139 yards and a touchdown.
More Senior Bowl coverage:
- McGill-Toolen honors Senior Bowl players
- Robert Brazile, Willie Anderson visit Senior Bowl, talk NFL Hall of Fame
- Alabama leads all schools with 6 in Senior Bowl, former Tide All-American coaching
- South Alabama signs 5 local high schoolers, Kane Wommack visits Senior Bowl
- Former McGill-Toolen stars reunited at Senior Bowl
- Auburn’s Hugh Freeze visits Senior Bowl practice, 2 Tigers in game
- 74th annual Senior Bowl kicks off, game set for Saturday
- Executive Director Jim Nagy, NFL Hall of Famer Robert Brazile kick off Senior Bowl Week
- Former Alabama star, Detroit Lions defensive assistant to coach in Senior Bowl