CHICAGO (AP) – Kobe Bryant was one of eight finalists announced yesterday as candidates for enshrinement into the Basketball Hall of Fame later this year. Joining Bryant as first-time finalists for the Hall are 15-time All-Stars Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, and four-time Olympic gold medalist Tamika Catchings. Other finalists are Baylor women’s coach Kim Mulkey, former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich, five-time Division II women’s coach of the year Barbara Stevens of Bentley and four-time national men’s college coach of the year Eddie Sutton.
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all
- Second stimulus checks: No relief deal until after election, report suggests
- BIKER DAD: Riders escort soldier back to his hometown 7 decades after he went MIA in Korea
- Senate Republicans ramp up support for Barrett confirmation ahead of first vote