CHICAGO (AP) – Kobe Bryant was one of eight finalists announced yesterday as candidates for enshrinement into the Basketball Hall of Fame later this year. Joining Bryant as first-time finalists for the Hall are 15-time All-Stars Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, and four-time Olympic gold medalist Tamika Catchings. Other finalists are Baylor women’s coach Kim Mulkey, former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich, five-time Division II women’s coach of the year Barbara Stevens of Bentley and four-time national men’s college coach of the year Eddie Sutton.
- Smoothie King employee robbed while making bank deposit
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal
- Child tax credit: Why some might get a smaller payment in October, November, December
- Orange Beach lifeguards help 95-year-old woman dip her toes in the sand
- Oh, Christmas tree? Shortages expected nationwide due to droughts