MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – Deontae Lawson is officially a member of the Alabama Crimson Tide.
The four-star linebacker signed with Alabama Wednesday afternoon.
“This is a blessing, just to be here with how much work I put in, it’s paying off but I have to keep working,” said Lawson.
Lawson had over 100 tackles his senior season with Mobile Christian and is a finalist for the High School Butkus Award, given to the top linebacker in the country.
Now, he’s ready to join Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa.
“I’m very excited, a little anxious, but I’m ready,” said Lawson.
MORE LOCAL SPORTS
- Former NFL star reports for coaching duty at St. Michael Catholic High in Fairhope
- The Peaches are stealing bases and stealing hearts in Mobile
- AHSAA executive director Steve Savarese announces retirement
- Lucedale native makes Major League Baseball debut
- South Alabama football player suspended indefinitely after arrest