MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – The Citronelle Wildcats beat Mary G Montgomery 20-8 on Monday night. But the most important play in the game came in the closing seconds.
Citronelle’s Hunter Robinson took a hand off and ran more than 50 yards for a touchdown. Despite the lopsided score, both teams cheered Robinson on as he ran for the end zone.
Robinson is a 10th grader with special needs in his second year playing football at Citronelle. The Wildcats said Mary G Montgomery’s coaching staff did a great job in helping with Robinson’s big moment.
MORE LOCAL SPORTS
- Friday Night Football Fever results for Week 11
- 22nd annual LendingTree Bowl 2020 set for Dec. 26
- Bayshore Christian, Bayside Academy bring home state volleyball titles
- Blue Wahoos searching for fan with the best mullet
- Daphne soccer coach grateful to continue coaching during cancer battle