WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) – Former Pensacola Blue Wahoos player and Minnesota Twins prospect Ryan Costello was found dead in his hotel room in New Zealand today, days after joining the Auckland Tuatara in the Australian Baseball League.
Team officials say the 23-year-old third baseman died in his sleep, apparently of natural causes.
A club statement says Costello’s teammates were “naturally devastated” by the news. Concerns were raised when Costello failed to report for practice Monday morning, days ahead of the Tuatara’s opening game of the 2019-20 ABL season.
- Mobile residents voice concerns about police procedures
- ‘The tsunami is here’: South Texas county confirms 1,274 new COVID-19 cases in one day
- Mobilians, Pensacolans don’t save much money
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- July 9 marks 160 years since Clotilda arrived in Mobile Bay