AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- No. 13 Ole Miss beats Tennessee 31-26; fans pelt field
- No. 4 Oklahoma beats TCU 52-31 in Williams’ starting debut
- Riley’s game-winning single in 9th lifts Braves past Dodgers
- No. 5 Alabama rebounds from loss to rout Mississippi St 49-9
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over Astros
- Rickie Fowler returns to big stage and takes lead in Vegas
- Aidan O’Connell, David Bell lead Purdue past No. 2 Iowa 24-7
- Basilashvili, Norrie reach Indian Wells final without Top 25
- A-Smith 3 TDs, Baylor beats future B12 foe, No. 19 BYU 38-24
- Bennett, Bowers, D lead No. 1 Georgia past Kentucky, 30-13