AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — As the Auburn University football team returns for voluntary workouts, three players have tested positive for COVID-19.
Players returned to campus last Thursday recently took the COVID-19 test. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said if players test positive for the virus, they are moved to another dorm and follow a different protocol. He also adds that the team doctor is “well on top of that.”
The three players are currently isolating themselves from the rest of the team.
Auburn is not the only college team to have players test positive for coronavirus. Earlier, five University of Alabama players test positive for the virus.
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?
- NFC Matchups: Where else to start but Brady and Rodgers?
- Missing child reported in Duval County Florida
- Suspect in December Satsuma shooting death booked into Mobile Metro Jail
- ECSO: Man charged with 19 counts of child pornography after K-9 sniffs out hidden laptop