MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG)- In this science experiment we are using science to explode a sandwich bag!
Sandwich Bag, Baking soda, Vinegar, Toilet paper, paper towel, spoon and tape
- Lay out paper towels on counter top- this might get messy.
- Place a tablespoon of baking soda into the center of a piece of toilet paper and connect all four sides and secure with tape. Repeat twice.
- Fill a sandwich bag with a half cup of vinegar.
- Drop in the baking soda pouches and quickly seal the bag
- Shake, step away and see what happens!
- NOTE: Children should wear goggles with this experiment.
When the baking soda and vinegar mixed together it created a chemical reaction. The products of the reaction are water, carbon dioxide and acetate. The Carbon Dioxide is dense and expands causing a high pressure to build inside of the bag. When the sandwich bag couldn’t take it any longer- it pops!
- FHP: 65-year-old man dies after being struck by SUV on Davis Highway
- Salon trucks bill on its way to Alabama Senate
- Residents hope to stop landfill expansion in Axis
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- VIDEO: Fight breaks out during Vigor-Anniston semi-final basketball game