If you watch TV for free using an antenna … tune in: WKRG and the Gulf Coast CW’s Rescan Day is happening on October 21st.
What does this mean for you?
If you are using an antenna to watch TV for free, you will need to rescan your TV on October 21st when WKRG and the Gulf Coast CW’s Rescan Day moves to a new frequency. Rescanning is when your TV finds all of the available channels in your area. Once you rescan, you’ll still find WKRG and the Gulf Coast CW’s Rescan Day at the same place on channel 5.1 and 55.1 respectively.
Rescanning is straightforward and requires no new equipment or services. Select “scan” or “autotune” from your TV or converter box menu. Instructions are often found by pressing the “set-up” or “menu” buttons on your remote control.
If you watch TV through a cable or satellite service, you do not need to rescan. Your service provider will do it for you.
For more information on how to rescan your TV, visit TVAnswers.org or contact the FCC’s spectrum repack consumer hotline at 1-888-CALLFCC (1-888-225-5322) and press 6 to speak to someone on the help desk. The center is staffed from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. ET.
- Fla. governor declares state of emergency after Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms shooting at Linx apartments Tuesday night
- Deputies say Florida woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Lightning strike blows out wall in Fort Walton Beach home
- OCSO reminding residents, visitors to NOT drink and boat