UPDATE: (2/24/2020 11:20 am)– The Okaloosa County Sheriffs’ office says 38-year-old Robert Allen Lafayette is the roof worker that died after falling from a Destin Condo Saturday.
According to the call report, Lafayette fell from the Silver Shells Condominiums around 2:00 pm. The report says he was wearing roofing gear when he fell and it appears to be an accident.
OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — News release:
A man working on the roof of a sixteen story condominium in Destin died after falling off the top of the structure Saturday afternoon. The 38-year old victim was part of a roofing crew working on top of Silver Shells Condominiums at 15300 Emerald Coast Parkway. Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies and other first responders were called to the scene around 2 p.m. An investigation is underway to determine how the accident happened.OCSO News Release
- Mobile community prays for healthcare workers at ‘Light it Up Mobile’
- Coronavirus prayer movement makes it way through Mobile
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola