ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A woman crossing Davis Highway was struck and killed by car Saturday afternoon.
The woman, who was wearing all black, was walking west across Davis Highway near Berg Street, in an area where no crosswalk was present. She was struck by a white Toyota traveling north on Davis Highway. The driver did not see her in time to stop the vehicle.
The woman, identified as Verlinda Jackson, 61, was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.
- South Carolina fire department loses 2 first responders to motorcycle crashes in just days
- Mobile Baykeeper working to make Mardi Gras more environmentally friendly
- Biden involved with Senate Dems to pass $1.9T relief package
- University of Mobile plans to return to normal for fall semester 2021
- ECSO arrests Century man accused of drive-by shootings, other felonies