PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Thanksgiving is over, and it’s time to get in the Christmas spirit.
Pensacola’s Winterfest kicked off Friday evening in downtown Pensacola.
The month-long celebration started with its Elf Parade, which was followed by a theatrical performance by Winterfest performers. These performances included appearances by Charlie Brown and friends, Mayor Augustus May Who, Cindy Lou Who and the Grinch.
Before the lights in downtown were lit, the Grinch character said he had sabotaged the light display — only to be “fixed” by Gulf Power, following a fireworks show.
Santa showed up and called the “first snowfall of the year,” as “snow,” or suds filled the sky.
Winterfest is offering trolly tours, including a Grinch and Polar Express tour. You can find out more information on dates, times, and tickets at elfparade.com.
- FHP: Wrong-way DUI jeep collides with truck hauling flammable gas
- Orange Beach Church battered by Sally also lost steeple to Gordon in 2018
- Alabama Power makes progress with only 3,400 customers without power in Mobile
- Foley Pedestrian Bridge blue to honor first responders
- Baldwin EMC reports 46,470 members experiencing power outages due to Hurricane Sally