PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A Pensacola officer is being deemed a hero after intervening to stop a woman who tried jumping off an overpass, according to Pensacola Police.
Mike Wood with PPD credits Officer Lana Chechak in the rescue. Wood says the event took place two weeks ago where Officer Chechak grabbed the woman before she made the jump.
Wood reported no injuries to either party involved.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police