MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) — The victim of the Milton murder has been identified as the suspect’s girlfriend, Vicky May Edge. Jerry Odum, 61, is charged with first degree premeditated murder.
Deputies with the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office say the killing happened Thursday but Edge’s family, after they couldn’t get in touch with her, showed up to Odum’s house Friday night on Vendome Court in the Bon View neighborhood right off of Avalon Blvd. in Milton.
Odum told investigators Edge was getting ready for work and he told her he had another surprise for her then Odum said she put a blanket over her head and asked “Why are you doing this?”
What happened next isn’t clear because many details are redacted from the arrest report. The report did state Odum had just bought a baseball bat at Walmart before this happened. Deputies asked Odum if, at the time he bought the bat, was he thinking about doing that to Edge but his response to that question is redacted.
Odum told deputies the two were planning their wedding. He said he wrote her a $15,000 check but he knew he didn’t have the money to cover it.
Odum is being held in the Santa Rosa County Jail with no bond.
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- “Amazing little town.” Film shot in Fairhope debuts Friday, city gets Hollywood shout-on on national TV
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Healthcare Workers Discuss Their Experiences With Moderna Vaccine