MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) — The victim of the Milton murder has been identified as the suspect’s girlfriend, Vicky May Edge. Jerry Odum, 61, is charged with first degree premeditated murder.
Deputies with the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office say the killing happened Thursday but Edge’s family, after they couldn’t get in touch with her, showed up to Odum’s house Friday night on Vendome Court in the Bon View neighborhood right off of Avalon Blvd. in Milton.
Odum told investigators Edge was getting ready for work and he told her he had another surprise for her then Odum said she put a blanket over her head and asked “Why are you doing this?”
What happened next isn’t clear because many details are redacted from the arrest report. The report did state Odum had just bought a baseball bat at Walmart before this happened. Deputies asked Odum if, at the time he bought the bat, was he thinking about doing that to Edge but his response to that question is redacted.
Odum told deputies the two were planning their wedding. He said he wrote her a $15,000 check but he knew he didn’t have the money to cover it.
Odum is being held in the Santa Rosa County Jail with no bond.
- Seasonal Into the Weekend; Taste of Fall Likely Next Week
- Fla. Governor to establish “students bill of rights”
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- 2-alarm Fire fire at Yester Oaks apartments in Mobile