UPDATE (8:55 am) — The driver, Robert Etheridge, has been arrested. Etheridge has been charged with leaving the scene of a crash with serious bodily injury, a felony. He has been booked into the Escambia County jail.
CANTONMENT, Fla. (WKRG) UPDATE: We now know 2 children were hit by a driver who left these scene in Escambia County, Florida Monday night. Both Rylee Simmons, 13, and Hailey Locke, 12, are in intensive Care. Rylee is on life support. They were both hit by a car Monday night on West Quintette Road near Carrington Lakes Boulevard in Cantonment.
“They are both so beautiful and fighting so hard right now,” Hailey’s mother Courtney Giles said.
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Two people, including a 12-year-old girl, are in critical condition following a hit-and-run crash in Escambia County, Florida. The crash happened Monday night around 8pm near the intersection of Quintette Road and Lake Carrington. According to a report from the Florida Highway Patrol, the two victims were walking along Quintette Road when they were struck by a driver in a Ford Escape. After running into the victims, the driver, identified as Robert Etheridge, left the scene. After the initial crash was reported, Etheridge called police and said he thought he hit a deer. The car was found and determined to be the same car that hit the victims. Charges are pending.
- Fundraiser set up for 22-year-old father who died after going missing in the water near Perdido Pass
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Saraland police officer nails birthday surprise
- The Park at OWA to open June 5
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case