UPDATE (4:49 p.m.) — Sentencing will be at 1:30 p.m. on December 10.
UPDATE ( 4:11 p.m.) — The jury has found Michael Gant guilty of second-degree murder.
Sentencing is scheduled for December 10.
PENSACOLA, Fla (WKRG)- The trial continues today for a man accused of stabbing another man to death. Michael Gant Jr. faces a second-degree homicide charge in the death of William Blalack back in March.
Friday morning jurors heard testimony from a medical examiner who spoke about how deep the victim’s wounds were. She said he had stab wounds all over his body including one 3 inches deep in the back. Blalack later passed away at the hospital.
A deputy also testified about finding Gant after the stabbing. He says Gant was cooperative. The trial is expected to continue with closing arguments on Friday.
- Shooting near Knollwood Apartments
- Mobile Police investigate shooting on Michael Boulevard
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Alabama’s fallen heroes recognized through Wreaths Across America
- Trump administration looks to fund school choice for students federally