UPDATE (12:26 p.m.) — President Trump tweeted in response to the mass shooting at NAS Pensacola.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) – We have received several statements regarding the mass shooting at NAS Pensacola where so far three people are dead and at least 11 are injured. The following statements are from Florida representative Matt Gaetz and Florida Governor Ron Desantis, as well as Twitter updates from the U.S. Navy regarding the situation.
Statement released from Representative Matt Gaetz: “Please pray for our military service members, law enforcement, and other first responders as they work to address the situation.”
Rep. Gaetz released a video response on the incident as well.
Statement released from Governor Ron Desantis: “We are actively monitoring the shooting that occurred this morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola. We are receiving updates from @fdlepio Commissioner Swearingen and offering our full support to law enforcement.”
Vice President Mike Pence tweeted:
Saddened to hear of the horrible shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola & continuing to monitor the situation. Praying for the victims & their families & we commend the first responders for their swift action in taking down the shooter & getting those on base to safety.— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) December 6, 2019
- Girl’s hair color leads to school suspension
- Rain chances rising through the day Thursday
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens
- Senior Bowl players such as Jalen Hurts inspire Gulf Coast students at FCA Senior Bowl Rally
- Mobile teen honors late baby brother by hosting prom for others with disabilities