UPDATE (10:50 AM) The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office has arrested 30-year-old Bryan Francis Swift in connection to the stabbing at Big Lagoon State Park.
Witnesses told investigators the victim was visiting his girlfriend at her RV at the park, and the two of them got in a fight. Authorities say Swift is the victim’s girlfriend’s brother, and Swift stabbed him as the fight escalated.
He is charged with second-degree homicide.
UPDATE: A spokesman with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office says one man is dead from this incident and homicide investigators are working the scene.
ORIGINAL STORY: ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — One person was seriously hurt following a stabbing in Northwest Florida at Big Lagoon State Park. Escambia County Commissioner Doug Underhill posted on Facebook Sunday morning:
This morning there was a stabbing at the Big Lagoon State Park. Victim was life-flighted and the ECSO has very detailed information on the suspect. Suspect is not yet in custody but ECSO does not believe him to present an immediate threat to the community.Doug Underhill Facebook
- Business owners hopeful following Ivey dropping unemployment COVID benefits
- Drivers frustrated by gasoline shortage, long lines at pumps
- DPD: Missing and endangered elderly Daphne man
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Top Stories May 10: The world’s happiest dog, NFL player spends 10 months working in healthcare