PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The company responsible for the barges that shut down the Pensacola Bay Bridge says they are preparing for the arrival of Zeta.
Skanska tells WKRG News 5 they have been securing their barges and cranes, and mobilizing equipment into safe harbor.
18 of the 23 barges that ran aground as a result of Hurricane Sally have been recovered, including all of those on private property.
One barge remains under the Pensacola Bay Bridge and the company says it has anchored underneath.
Skanska says the others are also being reinforced and secured in place.
- Pharaohs Mystic Society cancels 2021 Mardi Gras parade and ball
- Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- FHP: Multiple deaths in Okaloosa County crash
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy