SHALIMAR, Fla. (WKRG) — A Shalimar man that attempted to attack another man with a hatchet is now charged.
Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says the assailant tried to bust down a bathroom door as the other man locked himself in the bathroom, along with a female, while Godwin used a hatchet and his feet to get through the door.
Jason Godwin, 39, was arrested on Christmas day for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, as well as another charge.
Spectators claim Godwin was upset because he thought someone was trying to steal money from his jar.
The female’s arm was injured in the process when she went to grab the handle of the hatchet.
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- Police chase ends near Bay Minette
- Biden administration to deliver 25M free masks to those in need
- Ivey: State welcomes review of Space Command’s proposed home
- Man released early from prison accused of killing 3, including cutting neighbor’s heart out