DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s department is investigating a second drowning that happened off the east side of Crab Island in Destin. Deputies were told that the victim jumped off a boat and began struggling in the outgoing tides Monday afternoon.
A 29-year-old Mississippi man drowned Saturday near Destin’s west jetties after he also began
struggling in an outgoing tide. The OCSO Marine Unit is warning the public that there are drop-offs adjacent to Crab Island where the water goes from shallow to overhead quickly, and currents during outgoing tides can be extremely strong.
- Man charged with attempted murder in Pensacola Village shooting
- Chilly and dry night, Nice and mild Tuesday
- Pensacola may ease restrictions as vaccines expand, COVID-19 numbers go down
- Gasoline prices continue to rise
- Family, friends remember young mother with candlelight vigil for what would’ve been her 28th birthday