DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s department is investigating a second drowning that happened off the east side of Crab Island in Destin. Deputies were told that the victim jumped off a boat and began struggling in the outgoing tides Monday afternoon.
A 29-year-old Mississippi man drowned Saturday near Destin’s west jetties after he also began
struggling in an outgoing tide. The OCSO Marine Unit is warning the public that there are drop-offs adjacent to Crab Island where the water goes from shallow to overhead quickly, and currents during outgoing tides can be extremely strong.
- No injuries following delivery truck fire on I-10 Bridge
- Cold Weather Shelter in Santa Rosa County to open
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years